After winter’s midnight navy, jet-black and deep red hues, I’m looking forward to a softer look. Thankfully, the season’s color du jour is pink, with an emphasis on pastels and beautiful blushes. It’s the new feminine neutral, and it’s turning up everywhere. Yes, pink is officially chic.
Before we dive in, let me first say that I believe trends are best worn en modération, so have fun, but be a bit selective. My golden rule is to mix on-trend pieces with classic staples, so there is always a nice balance.
That said, a few pops of pink puts immediate credit in your wardrobe. Here’s how to incorporate the hue into your spring/summer style:
1. La Lingerie. Sweeten your silhouette with a blush bra and panty set. Soft pinks are an update to the classic nude and flatters all skin tones, so you can look flawless in your light spring tops. Simone Perele just debuted a new Blush hue for its best-selling Andora collection, in a modern triangle shape, as well as their best-selling 3D Molded T-Shirt Bra.
2. The Spring Coat. Make a statement in a soft pink trench or leather jacket. Leather counters the feminine-feel of this pastel hue, while a classic trench is light enough to be considered a neutral.
3. The Shoes. A pair of pale pink ballet flats is the perfect marriage of classic and trend. Another favorite this season is the blush-colored strappy sandal, which matches just about everything. It will be your new summer staple!
4. The Summer Sweater. The pale pink summer sweater is one of the season’s most wearable pieces. Pair it with crisp whites and neutral pastels for an ultra-feminine look.
5. La Jupe (The Skirt). Fabulous for work or week-end, look for a sleek, tailored silhouette or soft, flow-y fabrics to show off your feminine flare.
6. The Summer Scarf. Glamorize a summer-white outfit with a pastel pink scarf in a romantic floral print.
7. The Sunglasses. Make a soft statement in pink lenses within a classic frame. You’ll be seeing the world through rose-colored glasses…
Now this is the summer to live la vie en rose!